Speaking the Truth

We don’t like to speak the truth about evil because we’re going to hurt somebody. Let me tell you, you are going to hurt somebody, but that Somebody is God. If you would rather hurt God than your neighbor, there is something wrong with your spirituality. It’s your obligation to speak the truth and everyone can either take it or leave it. But truth must be in us. We live in such poverty of the truth today.
- Mother Angelica

Friday, January 30, 2009

Your Heart's Desire

Find your delight in the LORD
who will give you your heart's desire. Psalm 37:4

As you may know I have a helper when I do my devotionals. It's a mini-magazine called Living Faith. I get to read a devotional before I send you one each day! The devotional for today is so neat, I'm going to share part of it with you:

Recently, I heard a man say that he decided to trust that God had someone in mind for him to be his life's partner. He just didn't know who that person was. So, on those days when he felt most lonely, he wrote love letters to his future spouse. On New Year's Eve when he had no one to kiss, on Valentine's Day when he had no one to send him a card, he wrote love letters to "his heart's desire," and trusted that God would open his heart and his eyes to the right person. On his wedding day, his gift to his bride was a box of love letters written to her when he didn't even know who she was.
- Claire J. King

Isn't that awesome?! What an inspiring story of faith! While I feel like I'm more comfortable in the spot God has placed me in, I still don't feel like I have that kind of blind faith. I wish I could let go more and let Him work His power. But when I do that, I can feel myself tighten the reigns again.

Do you do that? Do you have moments when you decide to let go and throw your life to His goodness and His will and then draw back a little?

Thank You Lord, for the presence You have made plain in my life. Help me to keep my faith in You and follow Your every desire!

No comments: