Speaking the Truth

We don’t like to speak the truth about evil because we’re going to hurt somebody. Let me tell you, you are going to hurt somebody, but that Somebody is God. If you would rather hurt God than your neighbor, there is something wrong with your spirituality. It’s your obligation to speak the truth and everyone can either take it or leave it. But truth must be in us. We live in such poverty of the truth today.
- Mother Angelica

Friday, January 16, 2009

Time to Pray

Well, I guess it's always a time to pray, isn't it? But right now is more important than ever. In our struggles to overcome abortion and increase a woman's dignity and self-respect, Krispy Kreme doughnuts does something ignorant. They are actually going to be giving out doughnuts in celebration of our freedom of "choice."

I think it's sad, and I also think this is sick. But this is what our America has become today. We voted in the most liberal Senator in the United States Senate as our next President. He has associated himself with ministers who "God-d**n" America and yet he's our President. He has told us that the first thing he's going to do is sign FOCA which takes away our freedom of choice because our money, whether we like it or not, is going to help women have abortions. It will also take away my rights as a parent if my children should ever go down that path. FOCA takes away everything regulating abortion.

I just can't believe that these big corporations can be so heartless and disrespectful of human life. Disrespectful of the group of people that are against this "freedom of choice" as they call it. How come this is fair? How come it's OK to throw "freedom of choice" in our face? How is this not an act of hatred toward us and our unborn children?

OK, I just took a deep breath. I find this very offensive. How do we handle this? What can we do? Well, we can pray, but there has to be something more. Do we contact Krispy Kreme? Will that help? Well, I guess we could try....

Here is a link to the blog where I found the info: Krispy Kreme Celebrates "Freedom of Choice"

1 comment:

Karen said...

OK guys, I looked closer at the blog I found the info on. There is a link at the bottom where you can contact Krispy Kreme to tell them what you think about this. I did that this morning. This is what I wrote:

I have recently learned that you are going to be celebrating "freedom of choice" at the inauguration. I believe this to be highly disrespectful of a group of people that value life and have been fighting abortion for a long time. I have just recently joined the pro-life movement and I could never imagine "celebrating" the choice to be able to kill my baby. This is a highly offensive act towards a minority group here in America that I hope you will reconsider.

OK, gotta get the kids up and going now! Have a Blessed day and thank you for your support of our unborn.