Speaking the Truth

We don’t like to speak the truth about evil because we’re going to hurt somebody. Let me tell you, you are going to hurt somebody, but that Somebody is God. If you would rather hurt God than your neighbor, there is something wrong with your spirituality. It’s your obligation to speak the truth and everyone can either take it or leave it. But truth must be in us. We live in such poverty of the truth today.
- Mother Angelica

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Third Degree of Prayer

The Third Degree of Prayer is the Mind. This is where we start to examine ourselves and we start to feel far away from God. I think this is because we realize with our minds that we are imperfect and maybe we start to feel that we are not worthy of His love.

This is when we have to rise above that state of mind and increase our spirituality. Sounds easy right? Or maybe it doesn't sound so easy to you. Either way, it's not easy. I find myself doing this all the time. I'll be reading Scripture and read something that just doesn't make sense in my mind because sensibly, or in our human world, is not possible. That's when I have to mentally rise above that and look to my heart for my spirituality. For my belief in our Father and all of His good and faithful works that He makes apparent to me daily.

No comments: