Speaking the Truth

We don’t like to speak the truth about evil because we’re going to hurt somebody. Let me tell you, you are going to hurt somebody, but that Somebody is God. If you would rather hurt God than your neighbor, there is something wrong with your spirituality. It’s your obligation to speak the truth and everyone can either take it or leave it. But truth must be in us. We live in such poverty of the truth today.
- Mother Angelica

Monday, January 12, 2009

Passion

Father's passion really caught me yesterday morning at Mass. We have a new pastor at our Church and I really like him. He's getting the parish involved in different activities and his homilies are awesome. I'm always learning. Well, for a couple of weeks he was in the Holy Land and he was pretty excited to go. And since we celebrated Jesus' baptism yesterday, he shared his experience with us.

He spoke with such passion about his trip it made me want to go. He talked about walking the steps that Jesus walked, standing where Jesus stood. Can you imagine? Can you imagine being able to see the place where our Lord walked?? As he talked, I felt like I was there. I felt the passion he was feeling.

He also talked about being baptized there (fake of course). He was totally submersed in the water, just like Jesus. How awesome that must have been for him to be able to do. To do the things that Jesus did, where Jesus did them. Hearing him talk about these things just increases my faith and makes me want to live like Jesus lived more and more.

No comments: