Speaking the Truth

We don’t like to speak the truth about evil because we’re going to hurt somebody. Let me tell you, you are going to hurt somebody, but that Somebody is God. If you would rather hurt God than your neighbor, there is something wrong with your spirituality. It’s your obligation to speak the truth and everyone can either take it or leave it. But truth must be in us. We live in such poverty of the truth today.
- Mother Angelica

Friday, January 23, 2009

My Interview

Well, I've met some really wonderful people through blogging and the Internet. It's had its ups and downs, but the ups far outweigh the downs.

Anyway, a fellow blogger, Tracy, did this neat thing by giving out 5 questions to post on our blog that we could answer. These are the questions she gave me, and my answers.

1. Who is your hero and why? OK, this was a real tough one for me. I don't really have a hero per se. But I do look up to quite a few people. My husband comes first. While I don't always like what he has to say, somehow he ends up being right. Not ALL the time, but most of the time. And even though my parents are divorced and they may have made mistakes, I also look up to them. Because they may have been through the mill with each other, they still raised my brothers and I with love, respect, and support, and we turned out pretty darn good. And I know that I can learn from that.

2. Do you have a favorite day of the week? If yes, which is it and why. My favorite day I would say is Sunday. It's very relaxing. We have a tradition of eating a nice, fatty breakfast at the in-law's and then stay and play for a while with the kids. Then we get home and kind of chill. I like that.

3. When did you first discover blogging and what encouraged you to start your own? I discovered it a while ago, maybe a year or so. I never really got into it until I was exploding with God's love and finally understood most of it, and needed to share it with the world! I have met some really wonderful people!

4. Tell us about your favorite childhood memory. Another tough one Miss Tracy! I think my favorite childhood memory would be when my dad sang "Goodnight Sweetheart" to me before I went to sleep at night. I do that sometimes with my own daughter now....

5. What is your most liked thing about being a Catholic? I think my most favorite thing, and I never thought I would have said this, but I love going to Mass. I didn't used to like going to Church, but I actually look forward to it now during the week. I feel drawn to the Church. And I really think it has a lot to do with the priest. He teaches in his homilies and I learn a lot from him.

Thank you for those questions Tracy! This was a lot of fun.

If anyone here has a blog and would like me to send you 5 questions to post the answers to on your blog, send me an email and let me know!

2 comments:

Michele said...

Oh like the questions and the answers ;) Neat way to get to know someone and makes great blogging :)

Karen said...

Thanks Michele! I thought it was neat too. Thanks for coming over!