Speaking the Truth

We don’t like to speak the truth about evil because we’re going to hurt somebody. Let me tell you, you are going to hurt somebody, but that Somebody is God. If you would rather hurt God than your neighbor, there is something wrong with your spirituality. It’s your obligation to speak the truth and everyone can either take it or leave it. But truth must be in us. We live in such poverty of the truth today.
- Mother Angelica

Saturday, January 31, 2009

All We Need is Faith

Faith is the realization of what is hoped for and evidence of things not seen. Hebrews 11:1

Faith to me is something that I feel. And the more I know and learn about God, the more faith I have in Him. The more faith I have in Him, the more my eyes are open to see how He works in my life. Sometimes I don't like to see it, but more often than not, He is trying to tell me something. Sometimes I wonder if He's yelling at me because I'm just not getting it!

Faith is not luck. Faith does not come in those emails we get that say, "Pass this on to 5 friends and you will get your wish." I know, I have passed them on before. I don't truly believe in them. Sometimes they have a good message, and sometimes they're just fun.

But it's important for us to know, and to teach our children, that faith is not magical. It's not lucky, and it's not about wishing. It's about following the law that's in our heart and believing in what we cannot see. Our faith is what brings us to pray. Our faith is what brings us to act a certain way. Our faith is what drives our motivation. Our faith is what brings us closer to God and closer to the truth.

What does having faith mean to you?

Lord, I want what you want for me. Please lead me down Your path.

No comments: