Speaking the Truth

We don’t like to speak the truth about evil because we’re going to hurt somebody. Let me tell you, you are going to hurt somebody, but that Somebody is God. If you would rather hurt God than your neighbor, there is something wrong with your spirituality. It’s your obligation to speak the truth and everyone can either take it or leave it. But truth must be in us. We live in such poverty of the truth today.
- Mother Angelica

Thursday, January 15, 2009

New CD

I bought this new CD at Target last Friday and am enjoying it immensely! I really enjoy listening to Country music, and I also have been wanting to incorporate more Christian music into my collection. And when I went to the store on Friday, lo and behold, I found Songs 4 Worship. And it's a CD filled with Country Christian songs!! It's really a good CD. A lot of the songs are upbeat, and some are nice and calm. My youngest daughter just loves to dance with me. Every time I put it on, she comes running and puts her arms up and just smiles. Who could resist that?

So I pick her up, hold her tight, and dance with her. And I love it because I'm singing along with the songs and they're about God and God's love. It's not about the next time I'm going to have sex or cheat on my spouse. And yes, Country Music has those songs too. I just don't want my kids to grow up with music that has to do with sex all the time. If we are going to sing, why not sing about God's praises? That's the direction their life should take anyway!

2 comments:

Tracy said...

Sounds wonderful!!

Karen said...

Thanks Tracy it really is! I want to spend some time and figure out how I can get some of the music on my site. I don't know if I can do it or not, but I'd like to!