Speaking the Truth

We don’t like to speak the truth about evil because we’re going to hurt somebody. Let me tell you, you are going to hurt somebody, but that Somebody is God. If you would rather hurt God than your neighbor, there is something wrong with your spirituality. It’s your obligation to speak the truth and everyone can either take it or leave it. But truth must be in us. We live in such poverty of the truth today.
- Mother Angelica

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Ann Coulter

Well, here we go again. Apparently Ann Coulter has a new book out called "Guilty: Liberal 'Vicitms' and Their Assault on America." Just the title alone can tell you that it's somewhat of controversy amongst our liberal media. While I think that Ann Coulter can be rather brazen, I think all in all she makes a good point. It's just that no one wants to hear it.

No one wants to hear that the media and modern feminists have changed the way we think about our lives. Sex has become the focal point. The original feminist movement was about equality for women. Sexual freedom and birth control does not create equality for us. It stifles our equality.

Birth control has been portrayed to us as what us women need to make ourselves equal to men. Well, let's take a look at that scenario. A woman and a man meet. They really like each other. They decide, maybe after a few dates, or maybe after one, that they want to have sex with each other. They are physically attracted. The man puts a condom on, the woman makes sure she takes that pill, and they have intercourse. Well, the point of intercourse is to procreate. That's what God created sex for (and might I remind you that he created it as something sacred that's supposed to happen between a married man and a married woman). A couple of weeks go by, and the woman misses her period. She takes the pregnancy test and she's pregnant.

And let's just say for the sake of conversation that after their first night of passion, the man disappears never to be seen again. No phone number, no last name, no address, no nothing. What is a girl to do? Well says modern feminists, you can abort your baby! Fabulous! (I'm being facetious here.) She doesn't have to be "boggled down" with a baby even though she committed the very act, with perfect knowledge, that she could get pregnant. Most of us know that birth control is not 100% effective, right? We know the consequences. And there are many abortions that occur because our pregnancy was an "accident." And accident is when we run into someone else in a car because they pulled out in front of us. We didn't know that was going to happen. But when we lay down and have sex, we know, because we are intelligent human beings, that we can get pregnant from this very act that we call "freedom."

So this woman has an abortion and kills her baby. She is scarred mentally and physically from this decision. She thinks about this baby that she killed for her freedom every day. She is resentful of her decision and lives with disrespect for herself for the rest of her life. And the baby has suffered also because he/she was denied its life.

So how is this freedom for us? How does this give us women freedom? It doesn't!! The liberal media and modern feminists have fooled us ladies. They have fooled us into thinking that we can be free like men when it comes to sex. Who cares about sex!!! Aren't there more important things that you want your daughters to be worried about?! Aren't there more important things your daughter, and your son, could do with their life than have SEX whenever they want?!? How did this 3-letter word become so important? I'll tell you: Through our liberal media.

So you can watch this video and think that Ann Coulter is crazy, out of her mind, and that's fine, but she speaks the truth. She speaks with facts and sometimes being wrong makes us angry.. And if we don't act fast, our children will grow up with the same liberal thinking and may just end up being one of those women who think that their freedom lies with sex, not God. Or our sons will think they are free enough to have sex with whomever they choose because that girl can have an abortion, or they can walk away. It's not right. So let's start standing up for ourselves and our God-given freedom to use our brain. To be smart women. We are being fooled and the liberals are laughing at us.

To view the video, click here.

12 comments:

Therese said...

oh my. That Matt Lauer was a piece of work. She handled him well.

Great post. I was thinking recently that really feminism hasn't done anything positive for women really. It has had a lot of our sisters killed through abortion.

Unknown said...

What a great post! I wish more women felt this way!

Karen said...

Thank you so much ladies! It was good to hear from you! I only wish others were as receptive. I found out about her new book on a blog: www.workitmom.com. I offended some people and tried to redeem myself, but I don't know how well it worked. Sometimes the truth hurts.

Keep blogging and trying to reach out there to try to change as much as we can!

aspiring... said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Karen said...

Thank you so much for that link Aspiring! I will defnitely be checking that out. It was a pleasure to meet you as well! God Bless.

Anonymous said...

I think you have a skewed vision of feminism. There is nothing wrong with having equal rights as men have had for centuries. Think about voting, driving a car, going to work, deciding not to have 10 children, I could go on and on. Many of the things we now enjoy were fought for by feminists.
I find many of your comments offensive, but, it is a free country and aren't we lucky (as women) that we can agree to disagree.
All the best to you.

Karen said...

Hi Marcie. I hope you will get back on here so I can respond to you. If you read my blog carefully, and any other comments I have made, you will see that I am in FULL support of the original feminist movement. The movement to make us equal to men by way of being able to vote and have a job with equal pay. Those types of things definitely do create equality. But sexual freedom does not. Sexual freedom traps us in a world of birth control and "hoping" we don't get pregnant. And when we do get pregnant, it's mostly us women who have the responsibility of raising that child. That doesn't make us equal, it keeps us below men.

I'm sorry if you find these comments offensive. But sometimes we get offended when the facts come out.

wsmiles said...

Hi Marcie, I am glad you came over to Karen's site.

Your comment "deciding not to have 10 children" is wonderful.

My husband and I have decided how many children to have by practicing Natural Family Planning (NFP).

It is the non-hormonal, completely natural way to plan to have a baby or not.

The best thing about NFP is communicating with my hubby about my emotions, and feelings. I now understand why I am feeling particularly good or bad on any specific day.

Did you know when you ovulate and are fertile, your body sends out pheromones that attracts your husband to you even more than usual?

I use www.fertilityfriend.com to chart my temperature. The basic use of charting is free.

Many women should empower themselves by avoiding hormones that could possibly cause blood clots and heart attacks.

Please read some info here if you would like to learn more.

http://www.irh.org/
(Georgetown Univ Center for Reproductive Health)

http://www.irh.org/nfp.htm

I use the Sympto-Thermal method. It is the healthiest way to create better communication in my marriage. Also while using reason to be open to life and sex as God created it, within a marriage.


Peace.

Anonymous said...

Karen, Interesting post.

Marcie, take a look at that post suggested above including comments. Here, this one: http://hancaquam.blogspot.com/2008/11/blamingpraising-men-for-abortion.html

wsmiles, Well-said and kindly so. Hats off to you.

God, bless us with communion with one another

Anonymous said...

Hi Wsmiles, I didn't mean that it is bad to have 10 children, I just mean that it's nice in this day and age to be able to make that choice. Hats off to you using natural family planning, you are doing what's best for you and your husband. If you want ten kids, then that's awesome for you!

Karen, thanks for your comment. I haven't really browsed your website, but perhaps I will and see your side. I am obviously more liberal than you, and I am pro-choice, (please don't flame me people), but I am glad you have your beliefs and stick by them. I also have mine and believe in them as well.

Take care

wsmiles said...

Hi Marcie,

I am soooo not with having 10 kids...I could see a little insanity in my future. :)

Thank you for coming to the site and reading.

I too was a pro-choice Democrat. I changed my views by researching the harm to women through "choice".

I have learned that we need to support eachother and affirm that fertility is not a disease to be "fixed" with contraception.

Also, scientifically, life does begin at conception. If a baby at conception is not a human when its cells begin to divide, then what is "it"?

I hope that through knowledge, you will see the truth.

We always welcome questions, and debate.

Karen and I speak on a daily basis and really want empower women through education and choosing to think through our actions so we can all better ourselves for the benefit of our children.

Please come back and visit often.

Blessings to you and your family!

Karen said...

Hi Marcie! I'm glad you came back to visit and are open to the other side. I too am open to the other side so come back often to share!

God Belss!