Speaking the Truth

We don’t like to speak the truth about evil because we’re going to hurt somebody. Let me tell you, you are going to hurt somebody, but that Somebody is God. If you would rather hurt God than your neighbor, there is something wrong with your spirituality. It’s your obligation to speak the truth and everyone can either take it or leave it. But truth must be in us. We live in such poverty of the truth today.
- Mother Angelica

Friday, January 30, 2009

Trying to Keep Up

Hi All,

Sorry I haven't been so diligent in posting. It has been pretty crazy around here the past couple of days. We had some snow days, and I had errands and volunteering at school to do. So it doesn't leave a lot of time to do my lovely blogging!!

Anyway, just wanted to make sure you guys knew that I haven't gone away, and I hope to get some info out to you this weekend from Mother Angelica and Father Frank. Make sure you follow the news and pay close attention to this "stimulus" package. It looks like Pelosi thinks that providing birth control (contraceptives, abortion...) is the best way to go because in the long run, it's expensive to raise a child. I'm not sure what's going to happen, but it looks like they took out the part of the package that supports increased federal funding to birth control. Yeah, that's a good idea. Not sure how they think THAT would "stimulate" the economy.

Anyway, so many thoughts I have on the subject, but don't have time right now to write them all. Kids are up and I have to go get them!!

Have a wonderful weekend everyone!

No comments: