Speaking the Truth

We don’t like to speak the truth about evil because we’re going to hurt somebody. Let me tell you, you are going to hurt somebody, but that Somebody is God. If you would rather hurt God than your neighbor, there is something wrong with your spirituality. It’s your obligation to speak the truth and everyone can either take it or leave it. But truth must be in us. We live in such poverty of the truth today.
- Mother Angelica

Thursday, January 22, 2009

My Delight

To do Your will is my delight;
my God, Your law is in my heart! Psalm 40:9

I just love this passage and it comes at a good time for me. As we go out in the world to spread the word of God and His love, we can run into others that may be unreceptive, judgmental, and/or opposing of what we have to say. That's just the way it is. Not everyone sees things in the same way. I would say that if every Catholic were interviewed, every Catholic would have different views on Catholicism. That's how God made us: individually.

It's important that we keep God's law in our hearts so we can speak with love and truth to others. God does not want His Word to be kept a secret. It is our responsibility as Christians to spread His love in our thoughts, actions, and words.

Dear Lord, may Your law remain in my heart and on my lips.

No comments: