Speaking the Truth

We don’t like to speak the truth about evil because we’re going to hurt somebody. Let me tell you, you are going to hurt somebody, but that Somebody is God. If you would rather hurt God than your neighbor, there is something wrong with your spirituality. It’s your obligation to speak the truth and everyone can either take it or leave it. But truth must be in us. We live in such poverty of the truth today.
- Mother Angelica

Friday, June 19, 2009

SUCCESS!!

OK, a quick post to end the week and start a busy weekend! I started off today rather discombobulated (sp??). But after talking to a friend of mine and she gave me some direction, it turned out better than planned!

I had planned to keep the kids busy with chores so I could get my chores done. My dad and my grandmother are coming to visit for the baby's birthday this weekend. And we also have lots of family coming over on Sunday for a Father's Day cookout. So I felt overwhelmed with cleaning, since I have been ignoring it this week.

But instead, I sent the kids outside, and then joined them shortly after that and had a nice little break from my "responsibilities" as a housekeeper. I went outside to be mom for a little while. It was nice! I thought I would be out there thinking about all this "stuff" that I had to do, but I didn't! I actually enjoyed the time with my kiddoes.

We came inside, fed them lunch, did some light picking up, then put them to bed for their naps. I proceeded to check email, talk to a friend, then get my carpet SHAMPOOED!! That was my big goal for the day and I DID IT!! WOOHOO!! It looks SOOOOO good!

So I'm feeling satisfied even though I have a mess staring me in the face right now in my dining room and a little one sitting on my lap "begging" for attention.

So I'm getting off here for the weekend. We are going shopping for daddy for Father's Day, get to the grocery store for some quick pick-ups, come home and eat some pizza with daddy! Whew, I'm so relieved at the work I got done today!

Have a blessed weekend everyone!

2 comments:

SaChay said...

I felt like I had a successful day also! Praise the Lord! I threw my Dad a surprise Birthday Party and it turned out Great! I'm glad you had a Good Day! ;)

Karen said...

Awesome SaChay!! I'm glad for you too! It was mainly successful because I didn't spend as much time on the Internet and blogging stuff. This can be so ADDICTING it's so not even FUNNY!!