Speaking the Truth

We don’t like to speak the truth about evil because we’re going to hurt somebody. Let me tell you, you are going to hurt somebody, but that Somebody is God. If you would rather hurt God than your neighbor, there is something wrong with your spirituality. It’s your obligation to speak the truth and everyone can either take it or leave it. But truth must be in us. We live in such poverty of the truth today.
- Mother Angelica

Friday, June 26, 2009

A Happy Home

St. Anthelm

Like a fruitful vine
your wife within your home,
Like olive plants
your children around your table. Psalms 128:3

A mental image popped into my mind of a family way back when times were simpler. I'm talking way, way back. I picture the wife/mom serving dinner while her husband sits at the head of the table, and their four, maybe five, little blessings sit around the table waiting for their meal. As this image is coming together in my mind, I remembered something my daughter said to me last night. She told me that I was the best mom. I'm not really sure where that came from, but it made me happy. I gave her a hug and a kiss on her nose and I told her I couldn't do what I do without daddy. She asked me why. I told her that I wouldn't be able to be with them all the time if daddy didn't work to provide our home and our food and money to do fun things. She took that in and said, "Oh, oh yeah!"

It's true isn't it? I wouldn't be able to be fruitful without my husband. And my husband wouldn't be able to focus on his job and do a good job if I didn't do my part here at home. And our children. Well, they are the little blessings that God has given to us that complete our home.

So I go back to my mental image I had when I read this Scripture. If all the pieces of the family are playing their part, our home is a happy home.

Lord, send the Holy Spirit to always guide me in the direction you want me to go. Stay with me and help me do Your will.

Daily Readings:
Genesis 17:1, 9-10, 15-22 Psalms 128:1-5 Matthew 8:1-4

No comments: