Speaking the Truth

We don’t like to speak the truth about evil because we’re going to hurt somebody. Let me tell you, you are going to hurt somebody, but that Somebody is God. If you would rather hurt God than your neighbor, there is something wrong with your spirituality. It’s your obligation to speak the truth and everyone can either take it or leave it. But truth must be in us. We live in such poverty of the truth today.
- Mother Angelica

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

The Coolest Thing

Usually when the kids go to bed for their nap, I take the opportunity to sit down and do what I want/need to get done (mostly want). It's the only time really during the day that I get to do that. But today, my seven-year-old found her book, Just Like Mary when we were cleaning up. You should have seen her face light up! She was so excited.

So when the other two kids when down for their naps, she broke out the book to read it to me. We turned off the television and read three chapters. We then proceeded to write three paragraphs together about what we read. I can't believe how smart she is and how much she loves God. I'm so glad and proud I could burst. As a matter of fact, she's sitting here right now bugging me to get on the computer so she can type it out. Maybe I will let her post it to my blog when she's done with it.

I feel so blessed.

No comments: