Speaking the Truth

We don’t like to speak the truth about evil because we’re going to hurt somebody. Let me tell you, you are going to hurt somebody, but that Somebody is God. If you would rather hurt God than your neighbor, there is something wrong with your spirituality. It’s your obligation to speak the truth and everyone can either take it or leave it. But truth must be in us. We live in such poverty of the truth today.
- Mother Angelica

Monday, June 22, 2009

Our Hope Is In You

Saint Thomas More

May Your kindness, LORD, be upon us;
we have put our hope in You. Psalms 33:22

When I read this passage this morning, I immediately thought about our own nation, the United States of America. I think about the God-less state we are in and wonder where we will stand when our Lord comes to judge us all again. Abortion, murder, euthanasia, artificial creation of life, the prevalence of fornication, birth control, and God-less schools are just a few things that come to mind. It seems as though our hope has fallen away from God an in ourselves now.

Will God have mercy on us or destroy us the way He did with the great flood? What natural disaster will He choose for us? A massive meteor shower? Uncontrollable fires? How will we perish?

I wonder these things because I can't imagine God is pleased with the way we are living our lives at the present moment. What will happen to those of us who do not turn to God and live a God-fearing life before He comes again to judge us?

Lord, my hope is in You. Help me to follow You first and foremost in my life so that I may live with You forever.

Daily Readings:
Genesis 12:1-9 Psalm 33:12-13, 18-20, 22 Matthew 7:1-5

No comments: