Speaking the Truth

We don’t like to speak the truth about evil because we’re going to hurt somebody. Let me tell you, you are going to hurt somebody, but that Somebody is God. If you would rather hurt God than your neighbor, there is something wrong with your spirituality. It’s your obligation to speak the truth and everyone can either take it or leave it. But truth must be in us. We live in such poverty of the truth today.
- Mother Angelica

Thursday, July 30, 2009

Living in God's Presence

St. Peter Chrysologus

Better one day in your courts
than a thousand elsewhere.
Better the threshold of the house of my God
than a home in the tents of the wicked. Psalm 84:11

Television has a lot of new shows these days. I say new here because they still feel new to me. One in particular sticks out in my head, The Housewives of Orange County. This show is about women who are either married to a very wealthy man, or are out there making the millions themselves. Either way, their houses are multi-million dollar houses with the best of the best inside. Their cars are the same way. They live a very relaxed (except for the drama they create for themselves), seemingly fairly happy life.

Sometimes I think about what it would be like to have all of that, but then I look at what I have. I have a husband who comes home every night to his family. I have three children who are happy and healthy. I have family and friends that are close to me who I can call on if I ever need anything. We have food on the table every night (and all day long). I have access to the Internet every day!

While my house may not have an HD compatible flat screen in every room (including the bathroom). It may not have a kitchen that could fit an army. It may not have wide open spaces. But this house is our home. God is here. And I would rather be here, living happily by his rules, than in Orange County where God may or may not be.

Lord I am happy spending my days with You, wherever You are.

Daily Readings:
Exodus 40:16-21, 34-38 Psalm 84:3-6, 8, 11 Matthew 13:47-53

1 comment:

That Tampa, Florida lady said...

Delight in the lord and he will give you the desires of your heart... ps 20.

uhhhh, LAUGH. IT IS GOOD FOR YOU. WATCH THE CARTOONS AND PRAY ABOUT IT WHILE YOU ARE WATCHING.

I DO. I AM NOT depressed.