Speaking the Truth

We don’t like to speak the truth about evil because we’re going to hurt somebody. Let me tell you, you are going to hurt somebody, but that Somebody is God. If you would rather hurt God than your neighbor, there is something wrong with your spirituality. It’s your obligation to speak the truth and everyone can either take it or leave it. But truth must be in us. We live in such poverty of the truth today.
- Mother Angelica

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Stepping Out In Mystery

I finished my first chapter in Mother Angelica’s book!! It’s amazing what you can do when you turn off the computer…. There are so many things that I can talk about, but I picked my favorite (which was VERY hard to do).

Here is the passage:
STEPPING OUT IN MYSTERY

We don’t want to step out in faith and say, “God, the only hand I have is Yours, even though I don’t know where You’re going.” I think that’s the most thrilling experience: not to know what God is doing- but going out and doing it anyway.

It’s very difficult for a real Christian to mess this up. If you try something and you fail, you’re been humbled. You’re a little smarteer the next time; you learn to depend upon God and not yourself. You can learn much in failure. If you succeed: you are aware of God’s spirit, aware of His using you in extraordinary ways. So from a spiritual perspective, you can’t fail no matter what happens.

HOW AWESOME IS THAT!?!? I can’t even tell you how many times I’ve failed at something and felt like a failure. Here recently, I have failed at many things, like relating and communicating with other people. But I have learned that in all of that miscommunication and anger, I have learned a great deal about other people, life, and myself. I thank God for those horrible moments of anger, yelling, and arguments because I learned from it. And then when I take that and apply my new knowledge elsewhere and succeed, I know that was God’s intervention in my life and my heart just fills with such joy and love for Him.

He really does love us!! He helps us go from Negative Nellies to Positive Pollies!! (A little joke I have with a good friend of mine.) There IS a reason for bad things happening in our lives. Take them, pray on them, listen to what He has to say, and make yourself into a Positive Polly!! It’s AWESOME!!

Lord, open my heart and my mind today to Your good works so that I can become closer to You and Your love.

No comments: