Speaking the Truth

We don’t like to speak the truth about evil because we’re going to hurt somebody. Let me tell you, you are going to hurt somebody, but that Somebody is God. If you would rather hurt God than your neighbor, there is something wrong with your spirituality. It’s your obligation to speak the truth and everyone can either take it or leave it. But truth must be in us. We live in such poverty of the truth today.
- Mother Angelica

Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Healing the Memory

In my past post I discussed living in The Present Moment. And that's how Mother Angelica refers to it, in capital letters. So that should tell you how important she believes it is. As I read the chapter, it all makes sense why she would think that. So in light of the Christmas season, and asking for forgiveness for our sins and repenting for them, I am going to give you a prayer this morning that Mother Angelica has at the end of the chapter:

PRAYER FOR HEALING THE MEMORY

Heavenly Father, we put our weak selves before Your silent presence. You alone know the things forgotten and hidden that lie on the shelves of our memory. We cannot heal ourselves. We find it hard to forgive, and impossible to forget. Yet as we are absorbed and surrounded by Your Presence, we stand in that light and watch as the spiritual sores of us lepers disappear. The rotted limbs are restored, and our memories, at one time so ugly, are renewed and rejuvenated. Thank you, Lord. Amen.

This will probably be the last post until the weekend. You know, Christmas is tomorrow and I will have family time on Friday, and then I'm visiting family for a few days. My wonderful hubby is letting me take my laptop with me so I will try to get something in for you on Saturday once I get there and get settled.

I hope each and every one of you have a Blessed and Merry Christmas!!

No comments: