Speaking the Truth

We don’t like to speak the truth about evil because we’re going to hurt somebody. Let me tell you, you are going to hurt somebody, but that Somebody is God. If you would rather hurt God than your neighbor, there is something wrong with your spirituality. It’s your obligation to speak the truth and everyone can either take it or leave it. But truth must be in us. We live in such poverty of the truth today.
- Mother Angelica

Thursday, February 19, 2009

New Venture!

OK, in lieu of my disappointment about the birthday situation, I found a new venture last week that I was hopeful about. I worked a home-based business for 2 years, many hours a week, did well, but my house and family were a wreck! So I quit the business, but continued to get the products because I like them so much (and they're safer and healthier for us- you know, a greener company).

Anyway, I was checking out some supplements for my husband when I was prompted to check out some business info on them again. They had changed some things on their website so I was curious about the information they had there. And I made my way to the info on Charitable Organizations. This company actually has a plan to benefit non-profit organizations! I knew this a couple of years ago when I was actively working, but it was very complicated at the time, so I didn't get into it too much.

But now it's very simple. My Church, as well as the Catholic School my kids go to, can benefit easily. Yes, I would have to work for it, but I learned yesterday that I will benefit from this as well!! I couldn't believe it! The potential is mind-boggling and I can't wait to contact my pastor and see what he says. I still have to make the appointment with him and show him what this is all about to see if we have the OK or not.

AND!! I was talking to a friend of mine this morning and she told me to make sure the company's founder is pro-life, and I think he is. I'm in the process of finding that out. So I'm hopeful that this is something that God wants me to do. If it isn't I'm sure He will let me know won't He!!

No comments: