Speaking the Truth

We don’t like to speak the truth about evil because we’re going to hurt somebody. Let me tell you, you are going to hurt somebody, but that Somebody is God. If you would rather hurt God than your neighbor, there is something wrong with your spirituality. It’s your obligation to speak the truth and everyone can either take it or leave it. But truth must be in us. We live in such poverty of the truth today.
- Mother Angelica

Monday, February 9, 2009

Confusion Conclusion

I want to thank you all for your input and advice on my Confused question! Your answers really made me think and put things in perspective. And of course each situation is different. I think I have to evaluate my relationship with that person. For instance, family takes precedence over friends. I feel the need to voice my opinion because I care about them (and I believe that what I think is right--- don't we all??). But I also don't want a relationship ruined, nor do I want to cut communication with them. I want to help them get closer to God because that's what I want for myself and I see how much it has changed my life for the better. But I also know that it will come in their own time.

Friends. This is so touchy. I guess it depends on how close I am with that person. Because really, most of the time, their actions and decisions don't affect me or my family. People are going to live their lives the way that they live them. What matters is how active I am in their lives and how we get along. I want to voice my opinion to them too, but only if they ask I guess. The dynamic is different here than with family. Friends come and go, but my family is forever.

Each situation is going to be different than the one before. And the degree of importance is probably something that I have to take into consideration too. So confusing to type, but it's much clearer in my head now! Thank you all so much for your comments and the emails you sent me privately. I really appreciate the help in trying to piece this all together.

So Blessed am I to have met such caring Christians on the Internet (and in real life too)!!

No comments: