Speaking the Truth

We don’t like to speak the truth about evil because we’re going to hurt somebody. Let me tell you, you are going to hurt somebody, but that Somebody is God. If you would rather hurt God than your neighbor, there is something wrong with your spirituality. It’s your obligation to speak the truth and everyone can either take it or leave it. But truth must be in us. We live in such poverty of the truth today.
- Mother Angelica

Monday, October 4, 2010

A Letter From My Heart

May our Lord bless you and keep you in His care.
You have made the ultimate sacrifice, against your will.
Your mother and your father decided they didn't want you.
You may even feel they hated you.

I don't hate you.
I'm sorry I didn't speak up.
I'm sorry I didn't do something to stop this.
I'm sorry we didn't get the chance to know you.
I'm sorry we didn't give you that chance.

God loves you so much.
I know you are safe now.
Maybe we will see each other some day.
I think about you all the time.

I'm so very sorry what we have turned into.
I pray that it changes some day.
But I know it will take some time.

I just want you to know that I wish things were different.
I just want you to know that I'm praying hard.
I just want you to know that I love you.

2 comments:

Kerri said...

Wow, so powerful!

Karen said...

Thank you. More than you know.