Speaking the Truth

We don’t like to speak the truth about evil because we’re going to hurt somebody. Let me tell you, you are going to hurt somebody, but that Somebody is God. If you would rather hurt God than your neighbor, there is something wrong with your spirituality. It’s your obligation to speak the truth and everyone can either take it or leave it. But truth must be in us. We live in such poverty of the truth today.
- Mother Angelica

Friday, October 23, 2009

Teach Me

St. John of Capistrano

Why do you not judge for yourselves what is right? Luke 12:57

What I'm about to post is pretty self-explanatory, but a lot to think about. The readings really come together in an effort to make ourselves better. To make ourselves more righteous according to Him. When we relinquish the control we think we have over our lives and humble ourselves to His will, then and only then are we living a life God intended for us to live. I'm not saying it's easy because I struggle with this everyday of my waking and sleeping life. But I certainly do try and I'm hoping God knows that.

I love the Psalms reading for today, it's a good prayer:

Teach me wisdom and knowledge,
for in Your commands I trust.
You are good and do what is good;
teach me Your laws.
May Your love comfort me
in accord with your promise to Your servant.
Show me compassion that I may live,
for Your teaching is my delight.
I will never forget Your precepts;
through them You give me life.
I am Yours; save me,
for I cherish Your precepts.

I need to start everyday out with this prayer. It may help me to humble myself in order to accept the teachings He presents me with.

Lord, open my mind, my heart, and my soul to You and Your teachings so I might accept them and use them in my life.

Daily Readings:
Romans 7:18-25 Psalms 119:66, 68, 76-77, 93-94 Luke 12:54-59

2 comments:

Tracy said...

I need to remember this everyday of my life, thank you Karen!!

Karen said...

Yeah, me too!! :)